Some areas of Connecticut are experiencing drought conditions, so we are offering some ways to conserve water in your home.
1. Rinse fruits and veggies in a bowl of water instead of under the faucet.
2. Don’t let the water run while brushing your teeth or shaving.
3. Reuse the water from boiling vegetables or pasta to water your indoor plants (let it cool first!).
4. If you like to drink cold water, place a pitcher in your refrigerator instead of letting the tap run until it’s cold.
5. Don’t run the dishwasher until it’s completely full.
6. Don’t use your toilet as a wastebasket. Flushing a tissue or small piece of trash wastes 5-7 gallons of water.
7. Let your dirty pots and pans soak in the sink instead of letting the faucet run while you wash them.
8. Make sure to turn off all faucets completely after each use.
9. Instead of using running water, thaw frozen foods in the refrigerator.
10. Be sure to alert your maintenance staff if you notice a leaky toilet or faucet!